Did you know the first Englishman to ride 25 miles in under an hour was Ralph Dougherty. He was also the first UK cyclist to be disciplined by the UK for not wearing black socks! If you like useless information, that page is for you.
- Riding through Winter – well that was the intention.
- What kind of cyclist are you? Are you currently a) Eating mince pies thinking about buying a new bike b) riding through the snow c) Buying a new dress that goes well with your new Black Pashley bike c) Just come off a two hour turbo session?
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists – why good old motorists should be thankful they occasionally come across lone cyclists on the road.
Looking through posts from 2010, I see the start of the year was similar to the end of the year – snow!
- Cheap accessories for bikes – you don’t have to spend a fortune on expensive carbon fibre, some of the best accessories are free or very cheap.
photo by Amsterdamize cc 2.0
- 101 Reasons to get a bike. – well actually more like 47 reasons, but who is counting?
Well, the intention is good.
- Tips for Cycling on holiday – don’t forget your bike and other gems of wisdom
- Cycling in Verona – a very civilised place to cycle.
Be Bold, Don’t be Timid – just because you are riding a bike doesn’t mean you have to ride in the gutter – at least not until that 4WD pushes you in there.
Those were the days.
The Cyclists’ Manifesto – if Boris Johnson was ‘el president’
A joy to behold, more bikes than cars on the road.
Drinking and cycling
Bike Maintenance for Beginners – no.1 Try to fix bike. no.2. Fail to mend bike, and get frustrated. no.3 Take to Bike Shop
Training for 100 Mile TT or how I learnt to switch off my brain for four hours.
My First Bike – in the days of blond hair.
Tips for avoiding punctures - I should have included – don’t blog about how you never get punctures because you’re guaranteed to get five in the next two weeks.
10 Reasons to Commute By Bike – I don’t know why more people don’t cycle to work.
- A celebration of No Cycling Signs – or what to blog about when you can’t think of anything to write about.
- Cycling Dangers – perceived and real – a look at how dangerous cycling really is.
- How To Ride A Hill Climb -
- Trek Madone Project One – the joy of getting a new shiny bike.
- Best Cycling Waterproof jackets
- The ideal bike
- Best Padded cycle shorts – avoid the pain.
- 100 Greatest Hill Climbs – a popular book
- Cycling in Oxford – 60 pictures – updated
- Long Hill Climb a course record in Buxton
- National Hill Climb Championships 2010 – 4th was one of the highlights of my career.