Now, I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com
To cut a long story short. I’m going to be trying a new blog. cyclinguphill.com I’ve already redirected the RSS feed. Hopefully new emails from blog will get sent. I’ll explain why later. I’m cycling uphill this weekend at Leith Hill (Kingston Wheelers) and Porlock Hill (Minehead CC) Both are great events to come along […]
A big thing of Obree’s training regime was taking 3-4 days rest in between all out training sessions. Usual I don’t like leaving that long. But, with a little niggle at the weekend, I ended up taking a few days off. When I did train yesterday, I felt in good form, I could train for […]
This week the aim was to have a really intense high load training week. In practise, it turned into a bit of a damp squib (and that wasn’t just the weather) On Monday, I did nothing more than an hour gentle recovery ride, but the next day I had a muscle problem in the shin […]
To celebrate the 196th anniversary of The Running Machine (invented 1817) German designers have gone back to basics and invented the same thing again ‘hoping to design a more environmentally friendly type of transport’. The original running bike. Photo by Gun Powder Ma wikipedia A prototype of the bicycle were various running machines or […]
I reviewed the Obree Way last year, but it cost £30 (which was a bit pricey even for a good book.) But I see it’s available in paperback for £11.99 now. The Obree Way at Amazon.co.uk BTW: I follow Obree’s world speed record attempts with interest – blog at Cycling Weekley The Obree way is […]
In the past few years I’ve become a bit of a regular at Buxton CC’s Long Hill climb. I like the atmosphere, and in a way I like the climb. Despite racing the hill 4 times, I’ve never been able to match my time from 2010 when I set a course record of 12.26. It […]
When in Dublin, I was surprised a friend had no idea about the basic rule of roundabouts. He cycles into town everyday, but didn’t know at roundabouts you are supposed to give way to traffic coming from your right. I only noticed because at one roundabout. I waited, and he just cycled on into the […]
As part of Blackpool illuminations, upto 12,000 cyclists were able to ride up and down the promenade on the evening they were switched on. Looks a lot of fun. An exciting preview of Blackpool Illuminations between 7pm and 10pm. Blackpool illuminations
I’m currently on holiday for a ‘training camp’ in Jamaica, Queens. It’s all focused on the hill climb season now. As part of my training, I cycle 2 miles to an outside velodrome at Kissena Park and try and so some kind of intervals over the lumpy concrete track. If I’m really feeling adventurous, I […]
For those just starting to get into road cycling, these are a few tips from my own experience of riding a bike for past 20 years. Buying a bike The first place to start is with buying a road bike. You don’t have to spend a fortune. For an entry level road bike, I would […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition