The Kask Bambino helmet is an expensive aero helmet. Despite its price (£299) it has become quite popular, probably because of its use by Sky procycling team. The logic is that Sky must have spent quite a bit of money on wind tunnel tests. If it’s good enough for the likes of Froome and Wiggins, […]
After a double puncture, I bought a new spare inner tube from a local bike shop. It was £5.95. I saw this offer of £18.99 for 10 inner tubes, so I bought. They arrived in one day, and they just come in small plastic bag with no label. I haven’t actually used in a wheel […]
I’ve had a pair of Zipp 404 since 2006. They are a good versatile wheelset. They are lightweight 1,250grams – so I was able to use in hillclimbs for several seasons (Until I got some Zipp 202s), but the deep rim profile is also aerodynamic. 404s are a good all rounder. The Firecrest 404s are […]
For this years 100 mile TT I was worried about carrying enough water. I’m pretty thin and generally don’t feel the heat, but dehdyration can be very costly. I was still hoping to get by without relying on a helper. This means trying to work out how to carry enough drink for four hours. Earlier […]
I was sent a pair of Oakley Radarlock for review. They retail at a whopping £176.00. I wouldn’t pay that amount of sunglasses for fear I would lose them. But, I was happy to get a free review copy. I wear glasses pretty much all year. If I go out on a ride, you always […]
Cycling Science is a book with lots of data and investigation into the science behind cycling – aerodynamics, power, stability, materials. I was sent a free review copy by Frances Lincoln publishers and quite enjoyed reading it. Firstly, the cycling book market is quite crowded. It’s always hard to come up with something new, Cycling […]
The good, the bad and the superb. A look back at new products I’ve bought over the past year. Think of it like those end of year Prize awards which are all too common at this time of the year, but without the embarrassing speeches. Overall Best Product of the year – Assos Uno bib […]
Torq energy products review
Recently, I received three new Torq recovery products. I’ve been using them for past couple of weeks. Torq Recovery Torq Recovery Plus. A hot cocoa drink – which is designed for more intense training sessions – designed to be taken twice a day. TORQ Energy Natural Organic – higher in carbohydrates. Based on a flavourless […]
There are a few Eureka moments in cycling. – Like when you can master the art of cycling no hands, when you realise you can actually cycle three miles to work and still live to tell the tale, when you realise it’s an awfully lot more comfortable to wear proper cycling shorts than jeans and […]
The Topeak Race Rocket mini pump can pump tyres unto 120psi, but still fits in to your back pocket. I bought this in Ramsbottom Cycle Shop. I went to buy a track pump (because I’d forgotten to bring). They didn’t have a track pump but I left buying this on the basis that it blows […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition