Cyclo sportives are one of the big growth areas of cycling. There are a growing range of different sportives which allow entrants the opportunity to ride a certain route at whatever pace they like. They provide a clear challenge, which is both manageable and allows a degree of flexibility in how you approach it. Cyclo […]
Cycle sportives are one of the fastest growing areas of cycling. They provide one day challenges of both distance and climbing. Some of the hardest cycle sportives can be as difficult and demanding as a stage of the Tour de France. Many who are wanting to ride a 200km plus cycle sportive will be anxious […]
No matter who you are, there is always another cyclist who is faster than you. When riding with others, there is always a dilemma of how hard do you try and stay with other riders, and when do you let go and ride on your own? On the one hand, it is great to keep […]
I do alot of my training in the chilterns. One of my favourite hill climb training rides is one that weaves up and down the edge of the chilterns, around Wycombe, Stokenchurch, Chinnor and Bledlow Ridge. One of my favourite climbs is a 5 mile ascent of continuous climbing from Wycombe upto Stokenchurch on the […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition