For this years 100 mile TT I was worried about carrying enough water. I’m pretty thin and generally don’t feel the heat, but dehdyration can be very costly. I was still hoping to get by without relying on a helper. This means trying to work out how to carry enough drink for four hours. Earlier […]
The good, the bad and the superb. A look back at new products I’ve bought over the past year. Think of it like those end of year Prize awards which are all too common at this time of the year, but without the embarrassing speeches. Overall Best Product of the year – Assos Uno bib […]
I bought this Specialized Allez as my New York training bike. It replaced this older steel Trek. It’s a big step up and replicates the ride of my road bike back home. For the money, I’m very happy. It is an excellent value road bike. The carbon fork improves the ride, with great stiffness and […]
Jamis is not a well known bicycle brand, but Jamis have a large range of bikes from road bikes to cyclo-cross. The Jamis Allegro X Sport is hybrid bike with front fork suspension. It will appeal to those looking for a good value hybrid which is suitable for the off the road as well as […]
The Topeak Race Rocket mini pump can pump tyres unto 120psi, but still fits in to your back pocket. I bought this in Ramsbottom Cycle Shop. I went to buy a track pump (because I’d forgotten to bring). They didn’t have a track pump but I left buying this on the basis that it blows […]
KTM are better known as a motorbike manufacturer. They have been producing cycles abroad for quite a few years, but are now trying to crack the competitive British market. I took this for a test ride and was impressed at the value for money (£899)for a sub £1,000 road bike. The bike is based on […]
A review of the Eastpak Kruiser Messenger Bag. Usually, when commuting I use panniers. I don’t like cycling for long distances with a messenger bag. But, despite preferring panniers, I do often end up using a bag like this. So I was happy to test for the past few weeks. It fits around the body […]
The Knog Blinder 4V is a bright rear light with 44 lumens of light, visible from upto 800 metres. It is USB rechargeable and easy to fit. It’s also pretty sleek and aerodynamic. The Knog Blinder 4V is a different shape to the original square Knog Blinder. Recently, I’ve been looking for a bright rear […]
A mini pump is an essential thing to carry on any ride. I have a sign by my front door – ‘Don’t forget pump’. So often I have started a cycle ride only to realise I forgot pump and rather than risk being stranded in the middle of Oxfordshire have returned to pick up a […]
I’m not sure how this bike came to have the distinctive name of ‘Raleigh’. Raleigh are the famous British manufacturer with a long and illustrious history who sponsored one of the top Pro cycle teams of the 1970s and 1980s. Recently, they have re-entered the high end road bike market to capitalise on their strong […]
The Kona Dr Good is a low maintenance 7 speed hybrid bike for easy use around town and beyond. Main features 7 speed internal hub gear system. Single chain ring at front Shimano Front disc brake Shimano Rear roller brake. Frame: Kona 7005 Aluminium Butted Fork: Kona Project Two Aluminum Swept back handlebars for relaxed […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition