The great poet, John Keats said ‘A thing of beauty is a joy forever’ He might have added, that with regard to bicycles, simplicity = beauty. Compare these two bikes: Rob English’s time trial bike Source: Bike Radar photo gallery I advise checking out the Bike Radar photo gallery. There’s some very nice aerodynamic design […]
New Hill Climb bike is Trek Madone 6.9 For 2011 hill climb season, the weight of the bike was 6.7 Kgs. However, with some modifications this year, I’ve reduced it to 5.8 kgs (12.78 pounds) Trek Madone SSL Frame Shimano Dura Ace Groupset Front wheel – AX Lightness rim – tune hub (350g) Rear wheel […]
I bought this Specialized Allez as my New York training bike. It replaced this older steel Trek. It’s a big step up and replicates the ride of my road bike back home. For the money, I’m very happy. It is an excellent value road bike. The carbon fork improves the ride, with great stiffness and […]
I’ve had this old Trek road bike in New York for 10 years. It was pretty old and battered, even when I bought it 10 years ago. I think it was originally made in the early 1980s. In its time, it would have been a top of the range model, used in road racing. But, […]
Rather neat Pashleys parked outside New College, Oxford. It is alled New college because it was ‘new’ in 1143 and now claims to be the oldest ‘new’ college in the world. Do not park on double yellow lines – unless it’s a bicycle By the sounds of the conversation, it looks like the […]
Jamis is not a well known bicycle brand, but Jamis have a large range of bikes from road bikes to cyclo-cross. The Jamis Allegro X Sport is hybrid bike with front fork suspension. It will appeal to those looking for a good value hybrid which is suitable for the off the road as well as […]
KTM are better known as a motorbike manufacturer. They have been producing cycles abroad for quite a few years, but are now trying to crack the competitive British market. I took this for a test ride and was impressed at the value for money (£899)for a sub £1,000 road bike. The bike is based on […]
Trek 7.1 FX is one of Trek’s best selling models. For £350- £375, you get a lot of features for your money which will appeal to a broad spectrum of commuting cyclists. It’s not surprising why it is so popular. For most commuters and newbie cyclists sticking to roads, this bike does pretty much everything […]
I’m a bit of a glutton for admiring nice shiny new bikes, especially if sleek, lightweight and single speed. Fabio from Fabike contacted me about a new bike he is developing / promoting. Given his enthusiasm and the nice shiny look of the bike, I sent him a few questions about the bike, and have […]
Have you noticed that as soon as you buy the best possible bicycle, quite shortly something even better comes along? This is not just true for bicycles, but any cycling related paraphernalia – except perhaps Brooks saddles, which were just as good in 1893, as they are now. With this in mind, I don’t know […]
My search for a suitable foldup bicycle took me to try a Dahon Vitesse at a local shop Warland cycles on Botley Road. The first advantage of a Dahon Vitesse is that it is relatively cheap – only £400-430. This makes it half the price of the cheapest Brompton foldup. For a relative occassional […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition