Once a year I like to try and go to cycle around the hills of the Lake District. Recently, I was up in Keswick for the national 100 mile time trial championship, but it’s not the same going up and down a flat A road. For me the Lakes mean Wrynose pass, Kirkstone pass and […]
With a weekend off racing, I decided to do something a little different. I cycled five miles to Bingley and got a train on the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle line to Dent station. The line is a feat of epic Victorian engineering. Ribblehead viaduct It never really made much profit and has, a few times, narrowly avoided been […]
Up here in Yorkshire there is a wonderful myriad of quiet country lanes to cycle on. Generally, I try to seek out these smaller country lanes because they give you time to enjoy the scenery without the distraction of hearing cars whiz past. At some times of the year, these small country lanes are almost […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition