This picture was taken during the German occupation of Denmark 1940-45. It would be interesting to know more about the background to this photo. It only states Cyclists at Nørrebrogade in Copenhagen (1940-45). (Flickr) More photos at Danish resistance archives The mood looks sombre, no-one is smilling. But, the road is packed with cyclists going […]
I recently updated a post 10 reasons to take up cycling. One of those reasons was Cycling can help relieve stress. I don’t have a scientific study to back up this claim. But, cycling can be an excellent way to relieve some stress. Any exercise can help to clear out the cobwebs in the mind […]
Waiting at the traffic lights. Quite a few patient cyclists waiting for the lights to change. looking up waiting for light to change. Waiting at the roundabout. Traffic lights were invented by William L Potts, of Detroit, Michigan, who was a police officer. He based it on lights for trains. Traffic lights were used to […]
Everywhere seems coated in snow. I’ve been gingerly cycling into town, wishing I had wider wheels than my 25 racing wheels. I popped into Beeline bicycles on the way back, eyeing up the cheap mountain bikes and their fat tyres. The problem is that I have such a long wish list of bicycles (foldup, single […]
Some cycling photos from 2012. Cyclists on the High. Quite a mix of different bikes and cyclists Cycling in sunny weather – mum’s taxi Look Mum, no hands. Squeezing through a less than optimal road design. Don’t get any closer, I’ll hit you with this cardboard stick. Cyclists fight back against buses passing too […]
Just last week, I was boasting about how mild the weather was – so it was only fitting I would spend all week, training indoors on the rollers. The temperature was pretty close to zero all week, so rather than risk the ice, I set up a little ipod player and pedalled away in the […]
A selection of classic black and white cycling photos from collections which are in the public domain. I found many of these searching Flickr Commons. Cycling up the Col d’Aubisque – Back in the days before the invention of tarmac. Sheep Shearer on the move Which way to school? A Wheely good way to become […]
Cycling news has been overshadowed this week by two crashes to famous cyclists – first Bradley Wiggins knocked over by a van, then Shane Sutton in an accident on the A6. I can’t think of much to add apart from I hope cyclists get better, and I hope people become inspired to take more care […]
Maybe it was something in the air, but all the cyclists cycling past this morning were very happy. Perhaps they had heard of all the fame and riches that can follow on from being photographed on Cycling info? It’s always good to see smiling cyclists – it reminds of the most important thing about cycling […]
Slideshow by Bob Muir. Tejvan on the Rake. A great photo Great Crowds Top two photos, courtesy PJ (Traumradhfahren) Other photos below by my Dad, who has I believe amongst other prestigious academic qualifications, a Grade E in A level Photography. Jack Pullar on the start line Gunnar Gronlund 2nd place. Nice lightweight wheels. Lancashire […]
Cycling with Radcliffe Camera in background. A nice backdrop and the iron fence makes a good impromptu bike rack. Cycling near the cobbles. Good upright posture. two bikes. Don’t collide! lift by Dad Turl street. Fixed and an umbrella Dodging the buses close to wall. Single O 8. Not quite James bond. Related Oxford cycling photos
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition