To avoid risk of (painful injury) there should be a gap of at least 2.5cm between the bike’s top tube and your crotch as you stand over the bike. Finding the correct bike size for a road bike with 700cc tyres First take an inside leg measurement. This is the distance from the floor to […]
When choosing a bike frame there are 4 main types of material. Steel, aluminium, carbon fibre, and titanium. In truth, there is a big difference between ‘cheap’ steel frames and new types of steel frames. There is greater homogeneity amongst carbon fibre frames. Nevertheless, these are some of the pros and cons of different material […]
For commuting distances of less than 10 miles, the most important factors are getting tyres with a good tread and good puncture resistance. Grip and Tread Contrary to popular belief, cycling tyres (unlike car tyres) do not benefit from having a tread. Aqua planning does not occur on a bike; the best grip will come […]
My Hill Climb Bike (weight 6.0kg, 13.5lbs) It seems the issue of saving weight on a bike can become a great side hobby for cyclists. For some reason cyclists can become quite obsessed with saving the odd gram here and there. I have a good friend in the US, who rarely cycles, is quite a […]
1. Dérailleur gears. We will never know how the intrepid Tour de France pioneers climbed the col D’ Tourmalet and L’Alpe d’Huez on single speed bikes (admittedly they could turn the wheel around for a second choice). Derailleur gears have made the life of modern cyclists so much easier and more enjoyable (especially if spend […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition