I reviewed the Obree Way last year, but it cost £30 (which was a bit pricey even for a good book.) But I see it’s available in paperback for £11.99 now. The Obree Way at Amazon.co.uk BTW: I follow Obree’s world speed record attempts with interest – blog at Cycling Weekley The Obree way is […]
Just a brief mention for one of the great British Time triallists of the post war period – Ray Booty, who sadly passed away recently. Ray Booty was most famous for riding the first 100 miles in under 4 hours in 1956 A considerable achievement in the days before tribars and aero equipment (most of […]
Victoria Pendleton, born 24 September, 1980; British track World Champion Once described by her French Canadian coach as being unsuited for cycling; on meeting her, he said “You’re too skinny, too puny to be a sprint cyclist.”, Victoria Pendleton has gone onto win 3 world Championships, and is currently one of the world’s leading female […]
Chris Boardman is one of Britain’s most successful cyclist of all time. Chris broke 3 World Hour Records, won an Olympic Gold and was holder of the prestigious yellow jersey in the Tour De France. During his peak Chris was virtually unbeatable in time trials. His number of professional victories has since been beaten by […]
I have always followed the career of Graeme Obree quite closely. Part of the reason he was always a cyclist I could identify with. A British timetrialist and pursuiter, not exactly enamoured with the world of European professional cycling and the bizarre implementation of UCI rules and regulation. I hope, if fate had gained me […]
Graeme Obree is one of the most colourful and intriguing characters in cycling. I was pleased to hear he has in mind another attempt at the world hour record. Although Graeme is 43, he doesn’t feel this is a reason not to make the attempt. “I don’t think that you’re physically hampered from winning at […]
Flavio Zappi – former Pro Cyclist A few days ago, I was doing some interval training around Boars Hill when I bumped into Flavio Zappi, Flavio happens to be a former wearer of Green Jersey in the Giro D’Italia and top 12 finisher of Milan San Remo. We rode up and down Boars hill a […]
There are not many athletes who can say they have won 10 Gold medals (at World Championships or the Olympics) in the last nine years. With 3 Gold medals at the 2008 World Championships Chris has cemented himself as one of Britain’s leading contenders for Gold in the forthcoming Beijing Olympics. Short Biography and Profile […]
in 1993, Graeme Obree, stunned the cycling community by riding 51.596Km and breaking Francesco Moser’s World Hour Record, which had stood for 10 years. Graeme used a custom made bike and a radical new position. The amazing thing about the record is that he had attempted the record the day before and failed. Despite failing, he […]
It is a great loss to the cycling community that Sheldon Brown, one of cycling’s great characters passed away recently. Sheldon Brown was known as a human encyclopedia of bicycling knowledge and was a famous employee of Harris Cyclery in Massachusetts Sheldon Brown had a great love for cycling, especially experimenting with new features and […]
Coming across Graeme Obree’s blog and being reminded about Yvonne McGregor’s hour record in 1995, got me thinking about the World hour Record. The World Hour has always been something that has captured my imagination, perhaps being a time triallist it is the ultimate challenge. The hour by Michael Hutchinson is a great read […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition