The Olympics was very special on many levels. It feels like the country is different than three weeks ago. Before we had worries, complaints, things going wrong – the usual British grumbles. But, now there is pride in sporting success, but also pride in offering a soulful and enthusiastic Olympics which offered something new and […]
It was quite a fitting end to the Olympic track programme to see Sir Chris Hoy warmly embraced by Olympic legend Sir Steve Redgrave. Sir Steve Redgrave won five consecutive gold medals at five different Olympics – an unprecedented achievement. Sir Chris Hoy took his final tally to 6 gold and 1 silver from four […]
Since dominating the track cycling in the Beijing Olympics, British Cycling said they never expected to replicate their dominance in China at the next Olympics. But, that seems to be exactly what is happening. 2012 finished with GB cycling at the top of the track cycling medal table with 7 golds out of a possible […]
photo S.E Star / CC In an age of glib marketing sentiments, it’s easy to be a little cyclical about another slogan ‘Inspire a Generation’. But, despite all the clichés and imperfections of the Olympics, I’ve found myself drawn into this great sporting spectacle and feel genuinely inspired by the Olympic spirit. It’s an inspiration […]
The London Velodrome is a very visible legacy for London Cyclists. But, will the cycling legacy be confined to off-road velodromes or is there a chance to promote cycling right in the heart of British cities? What would be the best Olympic legacy for cycling in London and the UK? 1. More Numbers The best […]
At 250Km the Olympic road race will be one of most interesting events on the Olympic calender. The standout favourite is Mark Cavendish. If the peleton finishes in a bunch sprint on the Mall, it would be hard to bet against Mark Cavendish. The box hill circuit 9* 15Km circuits include a substantial amount of […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition