I reviewed the Obree Way last year, but it cost £30 (which was a bit pricey even for a good book.) But I see it’s available in paperback for £11.99 now. The Obree Way at Amazon.co.uk BTW: I follow Obree’s world speed record attempts with interest – blog at Cycling Weekley The Obree way is […]
Graeme Obree has always been one of my favourite riders. I admire many things about him. But, with the revelations of the extent of doping in cycling in the 1990s, you have to respect him even more. As Obree says of the drug culture in the sport at the time. “First time I go to […]
Graeme Obree’s new bike to attempt the landspeed record goes for an early outing. The new bike nicknamed ‘The Beatie’ will later have a full carbon fibre shell to increase streamlining. As you expect from Obree’s bikes this throws away the rule book with an impressively unorthodox position. Beastie 1 (Computer) from David Street on […]
Graeme Obree will be soon attempting to break the World human powered speed record on a home built bike. After a break from the sport where he become world champion (4Km pursuit), Obree talks about his motivation for coming back and attempting to go for this unique record and new challenge: “So I thought to […]
in 1993, Graeme Obree, stunned the cycling community by riding 51.596Km and breaking Francesco Moser’s World Hour Record, which had stood for 10 years. Graeme used a custom made bike and a radical new position. The amazing thing about the record is that he had attempted the record the day before and failed. Despite failing, he […]
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
- I only post new blogs at cyclinguphill.com December 2, 2013
- results from today October 27, 2013
- Cycling uphill September 27, 2013
- Cat & Fiddle hill climb 2013 September 22, 2013
- 3 days rest works quite well September 17, 2013
- Cycling in Oxford Photos July 31, 2012
- Classic Time Trial Photos July 22, 2008
- Best Puncture Proof Tyres June 8, 2011
- Hill Climbs September 12, 2011
- Cycling Rates by Country March 30, 2009
- Why Would You Want an Electric Bike?: […] according to Cycling Info bike usage in ...
- Lars: I don't see how forcing cars to spend more time i...
- Carlo: There is a messenger bag that's also a pannier ba...
- Graham Wilkinson: Thanks for the article. I have cycled for many...
- Laura: Agreed: slow down! Having fallen off my bike sever...
- 10 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
- Cycling, Negativity and How to enjoy the bike
- Cycling Stats
- 10 Reasons to Love Cyclists
- Cycling Facts
- Cycling and the Law
- Cycling Highlights
- Tips for Commuting by Bicycle
- Cycle Paths
- Best Commuting Bike
- Effective Ways to Encourage Cycle Use
- Defensive Cycling
- What Kind of Cyclist are you?
- Fellow cyclists
- Cycling in England
- Training for Cyclo Sportives
- 25 Mile Time Trials
- Cycling Nutrition